XP Pro will not Boot Natively nor Virtually

quitethewiseass

Registered
Since November (Newbie) XP Pro via Bootcamp my Mac Book Pro, and hadn't had many issues until lately. I upgraded Parallels as well as XP and my Mac OSX as frequently as necessary. Recently my updates with XP Pro have seemingly caused it to become non functioning (I reported all errors in XP and attempted to update SR3) as well as me installing VMFusion which ran perfectly, only for a second, and removing Parallels, and possibly placing my MacBook to "sleep."

The program seems to attempt to Boot both natively and in Bootcamp, but wen Windows XP tries to load, I get the following message: "We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change or powerfailure might have caused this." My options are:

Start in safe mode.
Safe mode with networking.
Safe mode with command prompt.
Last known good configuration setting (most recent setting that worked).
Start Windows normally.

None of these options work!

VMFusion gives me some error about cancel or click ok, but that doesn't help either. I'm stuck and in need of some serious help

I seem to recall reports of problems with XP SP3 and virtualization software. However, the problem does end there. For me, XP has developed problems on several of my white box PCs since it updated to SP3. You might want to check with VMFusion support and Microsoft support.

Back