Xraid not showing and not able to be repaired.. HELP!!!

trollinson

Registered
Last friday we lost a 1.5tb share after a error appeared. The error stated that one of the drives was not responding so we shut down the server and raid then restarted. This then showed that all our shares did not appear... We then went to disk utility and tried to repair the drive and it showed that we had error that it could not fix. At this point we tried to rebuild the drive with the xraid utility, this did not fix the issue or give us any more answers. I need help at a way to fix this!!! hopefully there is a way to repair this as we have important data on the drives and we only backup archive folder and not our work in progress folder. Any ideas please email me.

Kind regards

Terry

That could have been a corruption. I'd talk to AppleCare. Unfortunately, you may need to restore from backup.

Was all of your firmware up to date?

Michael

The firmware was up to date. The thought of having to restore from backup gives me shivers as I know that the designers are going to say that there are things missing... applecare are about as useful as 5yo's on redbull and gave us little help with no real solutions that we have not already tried. I am still hoping someone has the answer out there before I have to restore off backup.

Terry

Back