Xserve Intel Setup

skyle

Registered
I'm stuck. My new Xserve started up and I was able to configure it remotely via Server Setup Utility then after I input all of the settings it hung on finishing the setup for about an hour. I then restarted the Server and now I cannot see it. Any advice?

Boot it off of the DVD and use that to run diagnostics? It should announce itself over ZeroConf again booted off the included media kit.

They all ship with GPU's, so you could also just hook up a monitor and take a peek.

First and foremost, see if you can see it in Server Assistant. Could be that the lock wasn't removed and it is still thinking that its in the middle of setup.

Michael

I've tried this using the reset button to cause a boot to optical drive but I still don't see it. I am also unable to get my monitor to show any signal (this is using three adaptors though - mini vga to vga to dvi). I don't see it in the Server Assistant. I did see it using a VNC (Chicken). But now I don't after I tried to connect to it using this. It gave me an error about IP addresses I think.

Back