Yahoo Push Email with iPhone

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
Anyone had any luck with this?

Here is what I see happening. When I send a message to my Yahoo account, within a matter of 30 seconds, faithfully, my iPhone will check for new messages. Sometimes it comes back with the message, most of the time it doesn't do anything.

What I believe is happening is that whatever is firing off for the iPhone to check the yahoo email, that is working correctly, but doesn't yet have the email ready when the mail client on the iPhone checks mail.

Anyone else having the same issues?

Mail, in iPhone, will only check for new eMail: Manual, every 15 minutes, every 30 minutes, or every hour. It's in settings->mail->auto check.

You are correct. However, Yahoo supports "PUSH", and will notify you usually within 30 seconds of a new email, regardless of the auto-check settings.

I seemed to have figured it out. If you send an email other than "aasdfjlkjalsdkjfasdf" "test test", it works, like a real email or something with more content.

Very quick, sometimes 10 seconds or so before I get notified once I sent myself an email to my yahoo account.

What I don't understand is why doesn't .Mac support PUSH. It's obviousy possible to do, and would be a good addition to .Mac.

Back