your computer is psychic

I tried it three times. It failed me on the third one.

Anyone care to explain how it "guessed" what I had in mind the first two times?

this actually works better on a pc (the psychic chip). since windows' users are constantly thinking how their computer is going to crash with the next thing they do, the computer is able to accomplish this a high percentage of the time.

I would, if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

I tried it about ten other times. Worked. Hehe...

hint - what you did (or didn't do) different the time it didn't work is a clue. :D

I might not be smart, but I know how to google. :D

Solution (do not click link if you think you're smart enough to figure it out for yourself):
http://scriptingnews.userland.com/stories/storyReader$1916

Reading that did not enlighten me fully, but then I read this somewhere else:
"Take a look at all the multiple of nines of the symbol chart. The symbols are all the same! They just change the symbols for the multiples of nine whenever you click try again so that they make you think that it's "reading your mind" when really it's all in the formula..."

In the solutions page, this statement is found:
Every time we refresh the screen the symbols change, unbeknownst to us.

Am I the only one who was thinking the author was referring to the symbol on the magic-ball (circle), not the chart? I felt so stupid after having read the solution and still not understanding how it was done. That line made the difference.

Blah...this just shows how terrible at math I am. I thought it had guessed wrong, but I subtracted my numbers wrong - not once, not twice, not even three times, but four times. Heh

It's a good thing calculators were created :p

Back