Your last music picks

Originally posted by senne
does it? I think it's just fine. Best Pink Floyd album ever.

I have the original vynil, Brit. pressed. If you listen the vynil with some good audio equipment (I'm using a Sennheiser HD570), you'll find out the bass is recorded like sh!t. Vocals are not correctly recorded either. Just like other sublime album (Soft Machine 'Third', King Crimson 'Earthbound'), this album was recorded by stoned technicians. But that's okay for me !

And stoned musicians, am I correct? Okay, Pink Floyd doesn't do drugs (except Syd Barrett, from the original group).

It's not that they're adding anything, they're just enhancing what currently exists. As-is, on our DVD 5.1 surround sound system, the sound only comes out the 3 front speakers and the sub. I'd love for the sounds to swirl all around me, especially on a track like Money, with the coinage skipping from speaker to speaker.

I must be an extreme form of reactionaary, for I can't stand those remastered versions. What have they done to Led Zeppelin ? Heard those new CDs ? It looks like Black Dog was recorded yesterday. That's not what I expect it to be !

Stereo'll be enough for me :rolleyes:

My latest purchase: Kicker in tow by Hangedup. They toured France recently with Godspeed you black emperor! which I knew before. I didn't know Hangedup before that concert (in Lyon, a culinary capital BTW!) though. It's a duo (strings/percussion) also from Montréal (man, do I love that city!) and they actually sound like they have at least as many musicians on stage as Godspeed does.

This whole year's been bringing new albums from practically everyone, it seems.

Back