Congrats to testuser!

themacko

Barking at the moon.
I don't know how we missed it, but obviously this dude is about 100 posts over his G-mark. So give the man a slap on the ass or if you're uncomfortable with that, let Herve' do it for you.

Congrats, brotha! :D

well, and i want to be the one to point out that testuser posts far more technical help/troubleshooting posts than anyone as far as i can tell. He has a sincere interest in helping others and knows a lot about fixing problems.

of course he is a little too quick to suggest a reformat (linux habit i presume) and i will bet nearly a third of his posts have 'fsck -y' in them;) , but he is one of the real front line troopers around here.

(hell, for all i know he could have only had 950 posts when he got up this morning:D )

oh, and you also get a new nick from me - TU (because testuser is too long to type over and over:rolleyes: )

I was pretty quick to reformat my Mac when I first got it (using OS 9). I would reformat it everytime it got screwed up, which happened a lot due to my learning and poking around. There's nothing like booting up to a brand spakin' new OS having to find and install all your old apps.

BTW, what does fsck -y do?

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
well, and i want to be the one to point out that testuser posts far more technical help/troubleshooting posts than anyone as far as i can tell. He has a sincere interest in helping others and knows a lot about fixing problems.
Yup, testuser's definitely has me beat...of course, I tend to pick and choose some days.

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
oh, and you also get a new nick from me - TU (because testuser is too long to type over and over:rolleyes: )
Hmm...I wonder how many ex-mil types laughed at that one. You sure you want to propose tango uniform ?

LOL

excuse my ignorance!! and here i have already posted a toast to him in Herve's B&G using TU.:eek:

I don't think he would like Tess much better, testy isn't really right either (although he can be that some mornings:D ), and test sounds boring. Tester doesn't really shorten it enough and user sounds like dope research. hmm, i'll have to think about this.

i think testuser should explain the fsck -y when he shows up. (or provide a link to where he has already exlained it for the umpteeth time:p )

Well, tstu cuts the amount of typing in half; tsu makes me think of a university; ttu seems safe to me, but I could be missing something (unless that could be totally TU).

well, ttu is another university - Texa Tech University. Maybe we should just call him Joe. short for Joe Fixit.;) :cool:

when I first got my mac 8-9 years ago with system 7.5 I reformated it several times since I tinkered with it and screwed it up many times with resEdit :p

Congratulations testuser, sorry we missed the actual day of the even. I'm sure people are going to miss my 1000th post also (just like they did my birthday, sniff, sniff :( ).

Anyhow, can't wait to see what you'll post to get to the 2000 mark!

:D

Well RacerX, seeing as how you average 2.57 posts a day, if you continue at that pace you will reach 1000 posts on April 25. I'll be watching for ya. ;)

ok, testy it is:D

testy, you are welcome to come hang out with us down here any time you want. stop in Herve's every now and then and we'll buy you a few drinks. Hell, we'll even toast you again if you show up:D :cool:

Well tes, congratulations if you've missed me in the other thread.

I do have a request, if you don't mind...

Can I borrow your tiara for a few days? :D

;)

LOL:p

testy, there is definitly a side of you that is going to waste in the tech forums. it needs more expression on a regular basis. ;)

but i suggest that rather than cruising the big apple, we head out on the open road and go "Lookin' for kicks on Route 66".:D

(somewhere i have a photo of me standing next to a sign Arizona that says that:) )

Uh oh, Ed, time to send him back down to the technical forums.:D

Can I live in chocolate city too? I assume its a place of diversity: dark, milky, white, bitter-sweet, semi-sweet. :p
Can I have the tiara next brotha?

Phil, you can go withus, but you gotta ride in the trunk if you start acting up:D

testy - the problem with the older cars like the one pictured earlier is that they do not have fsck capabilities without considerable modifications that we simply can't afford (unless you let us sell the tiara). So we will just have to run a third party diagnostic scope and hope for the best.;)

of course if you would like to do the work yourself before we take off, be my guest. after all, nobody fsck's like you do:p

Back