Congrats to testuser!

When wa dun with r kicks and still down fa sum shootin...

Abe said, "Where you want this killin done"
and God said, "Do it down by Highway 61"

Oh man I watched that movie for the first time about 2 weeks .. freaking messed up. I don't think I'll be watching again anytime soon, I was expecting something like, well, I dunno. I know I wasn't expecting that!

hey, when it comes to 'Clockwork Orange' experiences, I'll be tnobody can top mine (well, maybe Klink;) ). The last time i saw it - about 25 years ago, i was at a party(?) after my cousin's wedding reception. I was drunk, stoned and tripping and did not have my own transportation so i couldn't leave if i wanted to. I was people i hardly knew and family members (more cousins) - i don't remember which was scarier.:p At any rate, it was not a pleasant experience and i have never had a desire to watch it again. the lesson i learned - Do not get in a weird place to watch a weird movie.:D

I also agree with the Fear and Loathing review. you can bring the med kit but i am not being the dr. !! also, it is not allowed in the trunk at the same time as Phil:D

maybe we should get a van or an rv for this trip. or a bus. yea man - a bus. Klink and i can make Zappa bus jokes the whole trip:p

Ed I wouldn't expect anything less. You ARE Ike Willis!

I can't top that concoction trio Ed. Ooh and family to. That's just pure evil.
I think I saw ClockWork about freshman or sophomore year of HS, so about 20 years ago. Can't remember much in detail because I was so damn stoned. But when tes mentioned the "appy polly...", it definitely vibrated a couple of dormant nerves. What a violent film that was. I would say it beats any violent film of today. Eh, that was something I did with a couple of other friends back then, was get high and see films like Clockwork, Eraser Head, 2001, Easy Ryder. We were young and stupid. But we got stupider as a few years went on. :p

well, what does it say about us that instead of being impressed that somebody is being polite, we take a trip in a time warp and relive Clockwork Orange!!:D

i think we better get some leather and find a bus:p

so sithious, are you coming along? on the bus that is.

i have also decided that testy should be in charge of the medical kit. it was his idea and this is his thread;)

i wonder if we can find a bus that has fsck already installed:confused: :rolleyes:

excellent.

i think we need to find a native american member for our group:D

and Sithious, every time i look at your avatar i have to wonder - is that a real poncho or is that a sears poncho?

only so true about the ether binge thing. back in the days when people 'freebased' cocaine (treating with ether and then smoking - precursor to crack), i saw some friends get wiped pretty low while inhaling and smoking all the ether involved. I am all for taking that out of the kit before we start. :cool:

but maybe we could add some flinstone vitamins to make up for it:D

you're probably right testy, but it's hard not to drive down memory lane when you get the bus pointed that way.

so i was going to change subjects a little anyway cause i busted up with smiles at your "how to slow osx down" post:p

that took a considerable amount of effort and was so frighteningly true. I think your recent exploration into the depths of non tech is having positive results. very rarely do we get to see something so technically amusing.:)

so now that you've let the cat out of the bag that we are just goofing, why don't you tell us something you really do for fun?;)

and working on your own car doesn't count as fun.

woodworking, huh? now that sounds interesting to me. i was the guy who never did take woodshop so i have great respect for those who can do more than hammer a nail and join two boards together. and making boomerangs sounds like a particularly challenging hobby. i take it you must have mastered the fine art of thowing the things. this is something i have done but never figured out:p

too bad we aren't real neighbors - you could help me figure out stuff around the house and i could help you with the yard. My latest project of relandscaping the back yard is so much help for my mental health.

and i guess we will let you count work on the car that isn't part of making it run as fun. i can remember when i used to think it was.

so what about hiking or fishing or anything in nature? do much of that?

anybody got any great nature spots to recommend?

maybe we should get back on the bus. maybe more people are scared of woodworking.:p

just thought i would let you know that i have more than gotten my money's worth out of diskwarrior by now. just last nite (weds nite) i had to repair my HD and it was so screwed up it wouldn't mount. DW saved the day again!! and plus optimizer that came with it does the fastest and best job of defragmenting of any i have.

so just add another disaster adverted due to your advice to the notches on your desk.:D

as for learning things, i have probably learned more about those kinds of things because i had to than because i wanted to - just like computer troubleshooting;)

Ok, who has the Flintstones vitamins? hand 'em over now!!:eek:

Are there any free defrag utils out there? I shamefully admit, that I have not once done it since zeroing my HD at 10.1 :rolleyes: :cool:

so testy, i suppose you are going to use the site being down 2 nites in a row for not replying yet. :D

so scary seemed to attract more attention than mundane. maybe we should start planning the great american cyber adventure again:p

not unless you need help with your profanity. then testy would be telling you to fsck it after you've fsck'd off. after that you would need to reformat your harddrive lest it become floppy.:p

on another subject - macko is gone for the week on a cruise to mexico. the lucky dog. er, lucky devil.:D

Back