Aperture

Qion

Uber Nothing
I absolutely love it. I downloaded the trial version, and it's so much further ahead than regular photo management software that I'm beginning to wonder how I kept track of my shoots to this point. It's elegant, and even with the ridiculously high hardware requirements, it runs flawlessly. I've only had it a couple days, but I might have to buy it when the trial runs out.

Maybe it's just the loupe tool or the way the control box emerges so easily when I hit "h". ;)

Having used Aperture, how do you feel about it compared it programs such as PS and iPhoto?

I have been using iPhoto for a long time now, and I have always liked the way it works. I am currently looking at both Apeture and Adobe Lightroom. Both of these are more powerful than iPhoto. They both work well and I am still trying to figure out which I like better. Although with the price tag for both of these part of me still appreciates all iPhoto can do.

But if you like Apeture check out Lightroom.

I've actually used both. Aperture is my choice, just like InDesign is over Quark! :) I really flow with Aperture; the keystrokes make sense, the interface is elegant and simple, and I can get a lot of work done even without hooking up to a bigger screen.

Back