iPhone won't get email or browser results unless on wi-fi

ganzoltd

Registered
Just recently my iPhone 13 mini (IOS 16.5.1. [c]) stopped being able to download email, browse or anything unless I'm on wi-fi. I have checked every possible option that should allow me to receive email and browse on Safari or Duck Duck Go but to no avail. Cellular data is enabled along with data roaming, all mail accounts are enabled, etc. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Have you tried restarting the phone? Have you thought about updating it to 16.6? Have you checked your cell phone provider to see if they changed anything with your service - data wise?

To further what Cheryl said, do a hard reset.
Press and release the Volume Up button, then press and release the Volume Down button, followed by a press and hold of the Side button. Keep the button pressed until you see the Apple logo. It will restart.

I've restarted the phone multiple times. I had T-Mobile do a diagnostic check on the phone over the air and they said it was all working as it should be. My data service and everything else hasn't changed in many years. I didn't know that there was a newer IOS so I am downloading and installing it right now. I'll finish this reply when it's done and I can test it again..
To further what Cheryl said, do a hard reset.
Press and release the Volume Up button, then press and release the Volume Down button, followed by a press and hold of the Side button. Keep the button pressed until you see the Apple logo. It will restart.
I did a reset the other day which changed many of my settings but it didn't help with the problems. I'm doing the update now.
The update didn't help, changed nothing. If I do the hard reset will that mean I need to reinstall or rest everything-mail accounts, passwords, Lock Screen, Face ID, etc?

The hard reset will not delete anything and all of your settings will remain.
I do it, as a routine, about every 2 months.

I tried the hard reset as described but it didn't do it. When I pressed and held the side button it asked me about using Siri! Turn on Siri or Don't use Siri. Nothing more. I'm now on IOS 16.6. Did they change something in the routine to hard reset?

Left side top press & release; left side bottom press & release; right side press & hold; all is fairly rapid succession. (Ignore any message--just hold until it goes black and then the Apple logo appears--then release)
Try again---you'll get the 'hang' of it. :)

I was finally able to follow the procedure but nothing has changed. It just started up again as usual and still no way to get email or any website unless I'm on wifi. Looks like I need to go to the Apple Store.

Back