is it possible to (Just simply) add your own ringtone to iPhone11 iOS 16.5.1?

TuckerdogAVL

Registered
Nope. Don't want to purchase a recording of a mockingbird. Want to use the recording I have of a mockingbird. I followed all the "just simply" steps in going to my music, finding the file, changing it to 30 seconds (it's 31, but still shows 31, though I changed and saved it as 29), changed it to .m4r, then just simply connected the iphone11. I simply then tried to simply drag the simple file into sync, or choose the file, or connect the file or try anyway to follow the simple directions, and I now get a message that "If you're having trouble with this iPhone you can return it to factory settings." Ah, no. I'm not having trouble, the software is having trouble :) So, I just simply disconnected, powered down the phone and gave up. The phone is using iOS 16.5.1 and the simple directions were just simply for Catalina (and I'm using a MacMini that cannot update past Monterey 12.6.7.) It appears that with this iOS update the act of using your own pre-purchased, or personal tone isn't acceptable now. Simply it appears there isn't a just simple way to simply add your own ringtone, right? As it appears the only answer is a factory reset or to purchase something from the Apple Music store. Simply. Am I missing something?

Back