There has got to be a way to stop music from auto playing when using earphones

TuckerdogAVL

Registered
I've seriously spent quite a bit of time trying to find this answer. I cannot believe, seriously believe, that APPLE really thinks that every time someone puts earphones into their ears that they want music to start playing. The other day I was on hold using the speaker. I decided to put the earphones in for privacy. A song starts playing. I'm actually on hold listening to their annoying messages, waiting for a rep to answer, while trying to figure out what to swipe, or hit, or click to find the music app in order to stop the music playing. I gave up and had to hang up.

And, the other annoying this is the song just goes into "pause" mode. No, I want it to GO AWAY. I will decide what song I want to listen to and when (well, as far as I can tell, apparently not). It also appears this is a big battery suck. Is there a trick? Or at least one, if not only two quick steps to make this stop? Happens every time. I also discovered if I go into the iPhone and change Airplay to NOT be the earphones, when I plug them in, that changes to the earphones automatically.

If you swipe the bottom up to get the tools (Control Center) (wifi, bluetooth, bright nights, etc) you should see Airplay. When Airplay starts, just swipe up, then hit stop in the Airplay/music box.

I don't own headphones for my phone, so this is as far as I go.

Sure, that's fine when it already starts playing. Spin, spin, swipe, spin. I'm talking about it not happening in the first place. Why do I have to go through this? Why does anyone? Why can't we decide whether music plays when earphones are plugged in? I own earphones for phone calls. No so-called "buy me now" musik

And if I do that, if I swipe up and turn it off, and make it go away. If I take the earphones out, put them back in their charger, then take them out to use them and put in my ears again, without DOING ANYTHING, the MUSIC STARTS PLAYING AGAIN. That's the f'ing point. I shouldn't have to swipe to get rid of it every time even if I have supposedly swiped up and turned it off. I should be able to turn off the app. I know it's all about buying whatever they're selling as music, but it should be once and done, not every time you put the earphones on you have to stop whatever YOU WANT TO DO and turn the f'ing music off.

Last edited:
Back