'04+ Upcoming games list!

Trip

Registered
Boy are we in for a suprise! Looks like a lot of developers have been busy lately with the known release of the G5! I got a list of upcoming games going here, and I must say: 2004 is going to be THE BEST gaming year for Macintosh.

Games include:

•Tony Hawks Pro Skater: Underground SE
Basically THPS 5, only for the macintosh. It's going to be mainly focused on free skating and multiplayer levels like "skate".

•Halo 2
That's right! It's not the official word but the guys over at bungie stated: "...other consoles will be getting the game right off from the release. Or later."

•SimCity 5
In order to play this game you'll need a G5. But it's graphics are amazing. And it comes with some pretty neat *new* gameplay features.

•GTA
Nobody said anything about this, it's just a small rumor floating around. Rockstar Games are suppost to do something with it.

•Motivation
A new company is bringing up this amazing game. It's like Escape Velocity from Ambrosia, only 1st person and with the best graphics I've seen.

•Black & White 2
I read something about this in PC Magazine about a month ago. Nobody knows what's going to happen: only the beasts are back.

•Half-Life 2
Tech TV mentioned a Half-life port, so did MacMagazine. But so far it just appears to be a rumor. Wouldn't it be great.

•Fuel Bag
The same guys working on Motivation. The next best racing game, right after Sega GT 2003 for the Xbox.

•Matrix (???)
A huge rumor is floating around the net on a matrix game for, what's that?, ALL consoles? Right...we'll see.

I just want to ask a fast Q. I thought consoles were like the PS2, GCN and Xbox. So when these developers say consoles do they only mean Mac and PC or Xbox even?

Thank you for clearing that up Trip. I'm a console gamer and I never heard of PC and Mac platform being apart of that group. What puzzels me is the Halo 2 quote. Other consoles, this is totally stretching it but if they are saying other consoles could they be talking other then PC and Mac. Doubt it really but interesting for it could be done next and that Halo 2 would no doubt see a 2005 release on the PC gaming market, the same time next gen consoles are coming.

yeah, I thought that console ment for a console...not a personal computer. But whos to say that they wont release any of the above games (and if not more) for Mac, now that there is a decent processor in Macs now.

If people are talking about Consoles, they usually mean PS2, XBox, Gamecube and all these. Not PC or Mac.

An example for that is Blizzard's Starcraft Ghost:
It is a game for Consoles.

In the FAQ the last Question is:

Q: Will there be a PC and Mac version?
A: No. StarCraft: Ghost is only being developed for console systems.

If developers talk about Consoles, they are not talking about Mac or PC, sorry...

About Halo 2, I doubt it...after all, they threw in "or later".
Let me remind you all, that Bungie said Macs would get Halo September 2001, then PCs.
The was soon changed to BOTH PCs and Macs getting Halo September 2001.

Do we have it YET!?!

Bungie lost all my trust.

Originally posted by Tigger
If developers talk about Consoles, they are not talking about Mac or PC, sorry...

Keep in mind this is Blizzard, the people who's world looks like this:
PC (Meaning Windows)
Mac (Meaning Mac OS 9/X)
Linux (Obviously, like Mac, not a Personal Computer)
Consoles (PS2, GCN and X-Box, those are the only consoles out there)

I wouldn't say Blizzard represents the entire community of developers.

If there's a Half-Life 2 for mac, then that means that Counter Strike: Condition Zero (Counterstrike 2) will be for mac.
[looks at the 10 dollars in wallet]... i have a lot of work to do.....

Back