0s9 classic killed qucik time and garageband

mcintosh_man

Registered
I'm running os 10.4.11 and recently installed classic (9.2.2) to run some older software. Install went just fine, but when I try to use QT or GB in osx, the audio does not work. My soundcard is a Motu 896HD. When I do start the programs my card appears to have a clocking issue and only releases a high pitch squeal from the speakers. Keep in mind this is a with classic mode off. I would not be opposed to removing os9, but am not sure how. A full reinstall is not an option, so if anyone has an idea, bounce it off me.

Is the older software that you want to use, also audio software of some kind?
The OS 9 install should not cause interference with any OS X software, unless it tries to call up Classic now.
Could be possible that your MOTU software should be reinstalled.
Another good possiblity would be to reinstall the OS X 10.4.11 combined updater. Download that from Apple if you don't have it. Here's a link: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL170
Download, then install. Your system will require a reboot. This is a common fix for odd problems that appear in OS X. The combined updater may reset certain files that it expects to see in the system, and may help your issue.
Why is a reinstall not an option? An Archive & Install might be a good next step, but try the combo updater first.
You could also try reinstalling the MOTU software after the combo updater.

Back