1.0 Release Candidate 1: Support & Howto

Yep, as well it's first time I need to use VNC, there must be ports to open on routers and I wonder if everyone could do it easily .

Dahoodg4 said:
Yep, as well it's first time I need to use VNC, there must be ports to open on routers and I wonder if everyone could do it easily .

Whoa, there!

Maybe you should follow the lead of FreeVNC and allow a reverse connection, i.e., allow the person who wants help to solicit it from volunteers online.

I have serious issues asking people to poke holes in their firewalls, MacOS or not.

-Jason

I'm w/Jason - opening my mac up through my firewall isn't high on my list. Maybe there is a simpler way? A tutorial or FAQ posted here or elsewhere would be cool. Thanks!
lb

Okay... I just updated the page and added my first cut at a Users Guide. Still filling in some of the holes. the QT demo view will be done last in case any changes to the app are made before release.

Just a quick question to anyone who can help me if not scott, will there be a volunteer link that work as a portal to the questions. When i clicked the volunteers link it told me about well... me and the thousands of other volunteers but there were no questions... Will the questions be there later on?

I don't have any immediate plans to introduce a volunteer version of the application. This doesn't mean we never will, just not in the immediate future.

jerryattric said:
Just a quick question to anyone who can help me if not scott, will there be a volunteer link that work as a portal to the questions. When i clicked the volunteers link it told me about well... me and the thousands of other volunteers but there were no questions... Will the questions be there later on?

If you are talking about the Free Mac Support questions - look at that page that talks about the volunteers - right by the man and woman at the top right is Volunteer login. This is where the questions are posted. Just click on New Questions link at the left.

Scott,
How a tutorial for those of us who have never used VNC? - as a support person, that is.

Back