1.25 Ghz Power MAc

Krisneph

Registered
What would be the equivelent of a Power Mac G4 Dual 1.25 Ghz compered to something of the PC side

My friend wants to get a mac cause he's getting into high end video editing, right now he's got a P4 2.6 Ghz and I want to explain to him that the mac is at least that fast(cause he'll think it's slower) the G4 should be faster right?

Since the G5's just came out there's good deal's out there for G4's

If he will use the G4 combined with Final Cut Pro 3 or 4 then it will be faster than the P4 using Adobe Premiere :p Otherwise, hmmmm :rolleyes:

He should get the Dual G4/1.25 anyways because the computing experience overall will be A LOT better for him :D

Tell him to multiply the base clock speed of the G4 by 2 and he should get a very rough approximation of the comparability of G4 to P4. Therefore, the Dual 1.25 Ghz G4 is actually much faster than his P4, because it's got 2 G4 processors instead of only 1.

Originally posted by arden
Tell him to multiply the base clock speed of the G4 by 2 and he should get a very rough approximation of the comparability of G4 to P4. Therefore, the Dual 1.25 Ghz G4 is actually much faster than his P4, because it's got 2 G4 processors instead of only 1.
Yup that's kind of what I figured on how the G4 relates to the P4, but he was thinking of working with Avid Express DV (personaly i'm learning FCP and it would be cool to have him also use FCP) witch do u guys think is better FTP or Avid Express

And also should I steer him towards a G5 or the dual G4 1.25 GHz

thanks for your reply!!!!

G5 + FCP is the best solution for video editing on any platform :p Avid is ok too... :rolleyes:

If money is limited Dual G4/1.25 + FCP is the best solution ;)

Back