1.67 17" PowerBook

There are rumours that the PowerBook range are getting a upgrade. Unfortunately, they weren't announced yesterday at the MacExpo.

Personally, I suspect that there will be a quite release, like a few years ago (when the PBTi went DVI). I'll expect an upgrade within the next 2 months.

I may be wrong...

This would be quite a pathetic upgrade if true. Would an added 170 MHz really make any tangible difference?

yes it would make a difference :) in that sence going from a 1.25ghz G4 to a 1.42ghz G4 would make a difference !!!

plus they said 12inch powerbooks would go 1.5ghz :)

im guessing theyll be available within the rest of the month... :)

Well, I think the rumored jump is a logical step, giving a slight bump, giving the PB12 some space from the iBooks without improving too much until the G5s come out. The bigger hard drive and other tweaks would be nice.
But soulseek, you say "they said ..." Don't forget who the "they" are.

It isn't much space from the iBooks. 1.5 Ghz is only 167 MHz faster than the 14" iBook. In real life applications, you're hardly going to notice the difference.

I with they'd update the video cards as well.

I think the more they speed up the current G4 powerbooks the harder it will be to release a faster G5 powerbook. However, if the slowest G5 powerbook will have 1.6ghz and the faster ones 1.8ghz then an update of the G4s to 1.5/1.67ghz would be a smooth bridge.
By the way, what is the next Apple event?

Viro said:
It isn't much space from the iBooks. 1.5 Ghz is only 167 MHz faster than the 14" iBook. In real life applications, you're hardly going to notice the difference.

I with they'd update the video cards as well.

first of all the powerbook comes with a much better graphics card.

second of all i think they have a different system bus

faster RAM .... and more expandable etc etc... :)

Soulseek, that signature is VERY LOUD AND DISTRACTING!!

But I agree with what you said. Plus, going to 100GB HD and making 5400 the standard is also pretty good.

yes. and giving us the opportunity of a 7200rpm disk with a 8mb cache....

its called a POWERbook. not a Dell...

A fx5200 go is hardly considered better than a Radeon 9200. Larger faster hard drives are nice and hopefully they'll make super drives standard on all the machines.

i prefer more ram or hard disk than a Superdrive being standard....

(... that if of course because i have an external dual layer recorder :) )

don't they release silent updates 2 weeks after each mw? its been like this ever since i can remember (thats how the emac was released, at least...)

i do think that 1.5 to 1.67 would be a sad upgrade. i think if they can push it to 1.8 on the 17 that would be kinda cool. or possibly the rumored dual core machines..

You mean the next time Steve Jobs gets up on stage and brags about how cool his company is? ;)

Probably WWDC.

Back