10.0.2 fried my docklings ?

WhateverJoe

echo $row['what_tha'];
On a Powerbook G4

after software update installed and optimized 10.0.2 and my system rebooted, the dock did not come up for a long time and a message kept flashing - never could read the contents...

Well once the dock loaded... my Battery, Airport, iTunes Control and magic 8 ball docklings had large white squares behind the icons and they no longer functioned... when clicked on nothing happened... so I removed them from the dock... But I really want the orginal Apple Battery and Airport docklings back...

Where the heck are they ??

help ;)

WhateverJoe

echo $row['what_tha'];
Guess I need to use sherlock more often ;)

Never mind... I simply re-draged the .dock(s) from the Dock Extras folder and the seem to work fine... still wonder why they didn't load right after installing 10.0.2 though.....

Elder Dan

Registered
I am seeing a lot of threads all over the place about Docklings being screwed up post-10.0.2 and the common element in all of them is the use of Magic 8 Ball dockling. Looks like nasty third party software exposing some sort of OS-internal bug. (I have only stock docklings on my TiBook, and have had no problems with them at all under 10.0.2)

rharder

Do not read this sign.
Don't be so quick to knock 8-ball. I don't have it, and I too had Dock problems like the ones described above when I went to 10.0.2.

-Rob

WhateverJoe

echo $row['what_tha'];
Elder,

Well, every since the 8 ball was no longer working, I removed it, and have not tried placing it back... yet I still have to remove and then place back the Battery and Airport docklings every time the dock is restarted via reboot, log-off > log-on... etc...

He He... I couldn't imagine how the 8 ball as complex and technologicaly advanced as it is... create such "Magical" havoc ;)