10.0.3 to 10.1.4

ieldib

Registered
Hi its been a while since ive used a mac and i just bought a 600mhz imac g3 , 256mb of ram and os x already preloaded and i just figured out how to get it booting into os x as opposed to os 9.1 the default , and well anyways i download the 10.1.4 update at the last portion of the install it says that the software cannot be installed on this computer (note that this is when i try to install the .pkg file) can anybody help me out ? do i have to install a update that was released before 10.1.4 ?

You need to install 10.1.0 before you can install anything else. This requires a CD-only update that apple was giving away for free last year, however it's probably rare in most major apple stores now. You can call your local reseller and see if they'll give you one for free or for cheap, or call somebody like macmall.com and order the upgrade if they still have it in stock.

thanks alot , i already asked compusa (the store i got my machine from) and the sales man said he couldnt find anymore maybe ill pester them about it some 2morrow

ive just ordered the 10.1 updgrade from macmall fortunately all it costed me was shipping hope that takes care of it , the next scheduled release will be a 10.2.x right? when will this release be coming out ?

In the least ammount of time give it a month.
In the most ammount of time give it a couple years. :p

Well, developers get a sneak preview next month, so I'm guessing we'll see it final around Macworld NY (July).

ive only been using it for a couple of hours and needless to say iam very very pleased even though iam using v10.0.3 and their is some bugs but i havent had a systemcrash/failure all day and i just love the inteface and how crystal clear the fonts are

Yep, that's it...you're gonna notice a difference between 10.1 and what you are using now too. If you love the system you got now wait until you upgrade! :D

awesome! i just need to get a hold of the developers CD or see if i can download project builder & interface builder , is their anyway i can get a hold of the developers CD without buying the boxed version of os x , all i have here is what came with my imac and thats just some system restore cd's ill look through the cd's again and see if i might have missed it just to make sure.

You can download the Developer Tools Cd from Apple's website if you join the Apple Developers Connection. Membership is free. The download will take a while if you don't have a broadband connection, because it's around 220 MB, IIRC.

Back