10.0.4 Released

cutman1000

Registered
I just got home from work, and for the first time in weeks the software update is actually doing something!! I'm downloading the upgrade now...we'll see what it changes.

:DYAY!!!:D I don't believe it!:D It's about 12MB, so it's bigger than the update Mac OS X centric had!:D Maybe it includes DVD!!:D

I'm soooo happy!!!

Originally posted by mr_mac_x
:DYAY!!!:D I don't believe it!:D It's about 12MB, so it's bigger than the update Mac OS X centric had!:D Maybe it includes DVD!!:D

I'm soooo happy!!!
Nope.:(

Here's what it claims to do:

The 10.0.4 Update delivers a significant number of improvements for USB devices including additional external device support for iTunes CD burning, improved battery life for many PowerBook G3 systems, and Classic compatibility improvements. This update also provides the latest security updates to OpenSSH and 'sudo' services and includes support for Apple's newest digital flat-panel, the 17-inch Apple Studio Display.

Note: The 10.0.4 Update will update Mac OS X v 10.0.3 to Mac OS X v 10.0.4.

No DVD support? ACK! At least I'll get better battery life and Classic will run better. It's build 4Q12.

Take a look at the contents of:

/Library/Receipts/10.0.4Update.pkg/Contents/Resources

If I'm reading things correctly, the 10.0.4 update was finished on May 15.

I wonder why...

Seeding??? They have to test the updates on the seeding member before they release them to the public.

oh dammit!
the update at last and i'm not at home, so i can't download it...:p

any speed improvement? does it have proper cd-r - data-burning?

It's a little faster, and 7 apps all launched in less than 3 or 4 second, but that's probably just the pre-binding. I actually tested to see how long the battery lasts, and it was longer. Only about 3 1/2 hours, and that's when I wasn't doing anything (when I was, it said 2 1/2). That's the time OS 9 says I have when I'm playing MP3's, in better performance mode, with the processor on 466MHz mode, the HD spinning and a mouse plugged into the USB port and the screen on full brightness. OK, well not quite...

Honestly, I can hardly tell the difference between 10.0.3 and 10.0.4. I suppose the difference is 0.0.1 ;)

10.0.4 kicks butt if you have a Pismo. Batteries are no longer drained when sleeping and it's faster. It also reportedly uses less memory, but I haven't measured this myself.

Back