whitesaint

cocoa love
Well everybody, It has been a while since we all last updated since 10.03.
Does anybody know when the next update is coming out? DVD playing still isn't practical in mac os x yet. But i suppose more people would want CD-RW instead of that. Does anybody have any info?

Well certain rumor sites said that their most reliable sources said it was absolutely guaranteed to come out last Friday.

But even though it didn't they really are right most of the time, really, they are.

I think they put a delay on it, just to prove the rumor sites wrong for once.

Just my $0.02

DJ XTC

Or maybe they are a bit busy making OS X 10.1 for WWDC ?!

He DJ..r u a real DJ ? if so what kind of music ?

I just got out of the scence for awhile, but I spin Techno, Club, Euro-Dance, House, Hip-Hop, Reggae, Latin, etc....

I got into using Mac's in 1997, when I built a small home studio and I needed a machine that wouldn't show me the blue screen of death everytime I wanted to record a live mix.

DJ XTC

P.S. This explains the headphones I'm wearing in my pic.

nice :D
I play around with house (all varieties), techno, dream, some latin, some speed garage...

How do u record a live mix ? I can do it on tape and MD but this doesnt serve my purpose because I want to have it on my mac so that I can burn a CD or publish it on the web ... what do u have attached to your mac ?

I'd be interested in configuring my mac for better mixing lol (right now I mix in non-real-time which has both merits and shortcomings)

Admiral

I have a MOTU 2408 (24 IN, 24 OUT) Sound Card, and Cubase VST 4.2. I also Use TC Works Spark 1.2 for mastering. I just select record and let it record until I want to stop, or until I run out of hard drive space. For MD, just run the outputs of the MD into the inputs of any sound card (Guitar Center, www.guitarcenter.com , has a good selection, I used to work at one) and use basic 2 track audio recording software. Once you save it into .aif format you can drop the file into iTunes through the advanced menu and convert it into .mp3 format. Most of this you will have to do in OS 9 since classic doen't support direct hardware access yet, and most sound card companies haven't designed drivers for OS X. I'm studying programing to see if I can make a driver for my sound card before MOTU does and sell it to them :) Anyway, I know this is of the topic, but I felt I should reply. If anyone wants more advice on digital recording and sound, start a new thread and I'll be happy to reply anytime. I check the forums twice a day.

DJ XTC

Seeding is prerelease software that is distributed to people who have signed a non-discloser agreement. Apple has a seeding program that you can sign up for, but remember, SEEDS ARE BETAS, and they can crash your whole system and distroy data if you are one of the luky ones to discover a bug in it. In short, programs are seeded fisrt to make sure they are stable enough to be released to the rest of us.

DJ XTC

P.S. Seeds also can be missing features, Lke DVD, that will be in the public release.

So you have 10.04 then? how do you like it? It now has the ability to play DVDs now? Do you have any sort of clue when it will be out for the rest of us?

Originally posted by DJ_XTC

Seeding is prerelease software that is distributed to people who have signed a non-discloser agreement. Apple has a seeding program that you can sign up for, but remember, SEEDS ARE BETAS, and they can crash your whole system and distroy data if you are one of the luky ones to discover a bug in it. In short, programs are seeded fisrt to make sure they are stable enough to be released to the rest of us.

DJ XTC

P.S. Seeds also can be missing features, Lke DVD, that will be in the public release.
Ohhhhhhh. OK, Good then. :)

Any idea how long it usually takes to release the final after it has been seeded?

-jdog

Release date depends on if bugs are found or not, and as far as the others....

I moved and like a dumb@ss, I forgot to send a change of address and sign a new non-dicloser agreement.

DJ XTC

P.S. Even if I was still an Apple seed member, my non-discloser agreement would prevent me from saying anything. Not to mention a fine up to 1,000,000.00 imposed by Apple if they found out I leaked info.

P.S. Even if I was still an Apple seed member, my non-discloser agreement would prevent me from saying anything. Not to mention a fine up to 1,000,000.00 imposed by Apple if they found out I leaked info.
Uhmm, you don't get any seeding software as a online ADC member. You have to get a select membership as minimum for the seeding program, and this is 500$ a year...:confused:

Release date depends on if bugs are found or not, and as far as the others....

I moved and like a dumb@ss, I forgot to send a change of address and sign a new non-dicloser agreement.

DJ XTC

Ok Mr. DJ, we wouldn't want you to get thrown in jail for telling us that Apple usually releases final updates a couple weeks or a couple months after "seeding."
And like you said, you are not a member any more, so why not give us a little more info?

-jdog

Actually to become a seeding member you dont need to be in the ADC. Just go to devworld.apple.com and click on seeding. They need you to fill out and sign an NDA (non DIscolosure Agreement) and you need to mail it to them through snail mail. Then you can become a seeding member.

I would like to become one, but I have little time to play around with new stuff :(

ADC is a programers club. Software seeding is open to anyone who wants to be appart of it. But, Apple is the on who decides who gets seeded what software.

DJ XTC

P.S. I know my spelling sucks... but then again that's why I'm a DJ and not a secretary. (Spell check for the board anyone?)

ADC is a programers club. Software seeding is open to anyone who wants to be appart of it. But, Apple is the on who decides who gets seeded what software.
I didn't knew that.
Maybe I should see what I can find out about that.

But I don't think Apple would give me any software:)

Anyway, thanks for the information.

Back