10.1.1 Fixes Bugs, adds features

slur

Geek / Hedonist
10.1 added support for pasting icons on hard drive volumes but the icons tended to disappear after more than one paste and wouldn't come back until you logged in again. Thankfully 10.1.1 seems to have fixed this bug.

Desirable New Feature missing: Alas, 10.1.1 doesn't show Windows computers in the Konnect to Server dialog. I suppose Apple wants this feature to be more complete before they include it an update.

Any other known bugs fixed or new features added? List them here!

10.1.1 now moves my Desk top icons one row to the left (my Dock is on the right). If I move the Dock down to the bottom the bug goes away -- so lame! I WANT MY HD ICONS NEXT TO MY DOCK, NOT A MILE AWAY!

Originally posted by GadgetLover
10.1.1 now moves my Desk top icons one row to the left (my Dock is on the right). If I move the Dock down to the bottom the bug goes away -- so lame! I WANT MY HD ICONS NEXT TO MY DOCK, NOT A MILE AWAY!

Does this happen if the dock is hidden? Reports have discouraged me from installing the update.

I think this is supposed to be so that the Dock doesn't obscure your icons. And it should only happen if you don't have the Dock on autohide.

It seems Apple has made a bad implementation of this, since it seems like they're much farther away than they are supposed to, but it's a nice idea. It's the same thing as this:

1) Put your dock on autohide.
2) Drag a window near the bottom so that the resize widget will be obsured by the dock.
3) Take off auto-hide on the Dock.
4) Notice how the window automatically (at least in the Finder and IE) moves up so the resize widget isn't obsured.

This is what the Finder icons are supposed to do -- move left just enough so they are not obscured, although it seems Apple didn't make it do it very well.

Oh well. :(

Wasnt tere a feature in OS 9 called something like "smaller rows" (Sorry! for german readers "kleinerer Abstand") I have ex. the same problem! But I can live with it. Try setting this thing above!:eek:

Back