10.1.1 freezes very often

apaschou

Registered
I use 10.1.1 update for some days. But since I installed the 10.1.1 update (on 10.1), I've some problems. For exemple, I had to restart the macintosh 6 times today...

The problem appear different ways. It ofen appears when I start an application. The application never finish to start... I can't kill it by the kill or kill -9 command.
Sometimes, the problem appears when I'm using an application. The application is making an ifinite loop (it means that I can't do anything more in the application, but I can go in other applications). But after some time, the problem reache all the system, and I'm not more unable to start any application of to display the window to kill applications... so I have to hard-reboot.

Does someone experience the same thing ? I've installed Xfree and After step just after having doing the update. Is there a problem with Xfree ?

Is it a way to install back the 10.1 instead of the 10.1.1 ? (other that format the partition and re-install) ?

Thank you for any help of suggestion.

Alain

there are other threads on the site that deal with this issue. if none of them seem to apply to you, why not give some more info - like your mac-chine specs, specific apps you are running when this occurs, and anything else you can think of that might be remotely connected to the issue. I personally have never experienced this but i can certainly understand how frustrating this must be. might as well run 9 if x only works like this for you, huh?:confused:

I had the same problem, but it started the other day when I installed the new version of iTunes.

Anyway.

Reboot OS X in single user mode (hold down command-S). When you get a command line prompt, run 'fsck' (a standard unix file system utility). It found problems on my disk when I ran it. Run it repeatedly until it finds your system to be ok twice in a row. Then reboot.

This cured the problem for me. Good luck!

FelineAvenger

Back