10.1.2 and F12

Tigger

Bring mich zum Licht!
I just tried the F12 key, that opened my CD-drive up to 10.1.1
Now in 10.1.2, it does nothing. What is up with that? Did Apple dedide to kill one more feature in this update or what? :confused:

If you don't need it, laugh! My Performa has nice speakers and a trash(used the recycle bin to drop out) CD.

f12 still works on my pbg4 (although i still have to stick a 3 of clubs in the slot to ensure its removal...)

F12 still works on my PowerBook (Pismo) but now I have to press it for at least a second. No more pressing it by accident!!!

it would make me angry when i pressed it accidentally and my cd burner drive would open.

yea works just like tonyibook says which is nice because i felt the same way wolf did about it before:cool:

Originally posted by tonyibook
F12 still works on my PowerBook (Pismo) but now I have to press it for at least a second. No more pressing it by accident!!!
Hey, you are right!
That's cool, now all those people that pressed it by accident and were annoyed by it and the people that liked that feature both are happy! :)

... the reason most people hated this feature was because they were using new Macs, which come with Pro Keyboards, which already have a media eject key. So basically you have two eject keys, and one's right near the delete key. That's why it's annoying. And because I'm one of those, I thought it was annoying too. :) Nice to know that Apple listened. Of course, if you have an old Mac and don't use the Pro Keyboard, I'm sure the F12 media eject key is welcome, even if it does have a 1 second delay.

The F12 eject key was the ONE thing I hated about 10.1. If you use any application that uses the F12 key (like Dreamweaver or Lightwave), then you were essentially screwed with 10.1 - 10.1.1.

I for one am glad they put it back, but they should have an option for people with older keyboards to be able to activiate it. Maybe there is now, I haven't looked...

F12 does still work. It just works like the eject button on laptops. You must hold it down for 5 seconds before the tray will open. I just tried it on my G4 tower with 10.1.2 and it works fine.

Twister

Back