10.1.2 problems

konrad

Registered
:mad:

after updating to 10.1.2 and itunes 2.0.3 on my pismo 400mhz powerbook, i experience the following problems:

1) everytime i click on something in itunes, the mouse cursor disappears. it only reappears when i move it over the dock and switch to another application.
2) after once establishing an irda-connection to my mobile phone, the powerbooks volume and brightness keys dont work anymore and the whole os runs very slow.
3) irda-modem scripts that worked in 9.2 dont work in x. i get an error message something like "error executing connection script"
4) on boot up, the computer hangs for about 10 seconds, even the cursor stops spinning, before continuing to boot up.

this is very disappointing for me. 10.1.1 ran perfectly on my machine. anybody experiencing the same problems?

merry x-mas

konrad

works okay for me on my TiBook. Couldn't get a connection with IrDA and a Nokia 8210, though. But then again I've got a wireless network at home, at the school where I'm teaching and at work. Why read e-Mail while I'm on the train to one of the locations? Because I can. But I can't. :/ Guess I'll have to try harder. Or try my 6210. Bleh...

After updating to 10.1.2, I've noticed that the hidden dock no longer pops up when I try to drag files to it. So if I have a CD or volume on the desktop and I want to drag it to the eject button in the dock, it just stays hidden. Likewise if I have a file on the desktop that I want to drag to the trash.

Anyone else experiencing this problem, or is it just a BDU error?

TP

Thommasso - i have encountered this since 10.1.1. it will work once you open the finder window for your hd and then close it. or you can go to the menu and choose eject. someday this will work right i am sure.

Originally posted by Tommaso808
After updating to 10.1.2, I've noticed that the hidden dock no longer pops up when I try to drag files to it. So if I have a CD or volume on the desktop and I want to drag it to the eject button in the dock, it just stays hidden. Likewise if I have a file on the desktop that I want to drag to the trash.

TP

I don't have this problem, but then I keep my dock unhidden (I can afford the screen real-estate).
Until Apple addresses these issues you can use CMD+E to eject disks and mounted disk images and CMD+Delete to put files and folders in the trash. This is actually how I prefer to do things, since you don't have to put up with the whole "parting of the Dock icons" thing. But that, of course, is avoided by holding CMD when you drag something to the Dock ;).

lata

Originally posted by konrad
:mad:

4) on boot up, the computer hangs for about 10 seconds, even the cursor stops spinning, before continuing to boot up.

I actually experienced this when I upgraded to 10.1.1, but it was fixed in 10.1.2.

Never experienced the others.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Adam.

For me 10.1.2 has worked fine. I don't have the problem with the hidden dock that was mentioned. Login times seem a little faster. In general, things seem faster. Option clicking on an item seems to close the previous window faster than before. The context menus in list view and column view now work properly.

So far 10.1.2 has been faster but they borked Mail.app. It now has a Deleted Items folder in my IMAP folders that doesn't exist and so when I delete messages they disappear but I can't expunge the deleted messages. So next time I get new mail they just all show up again. Annoying as hell.

Other than that though, 10.1.2 has been good.

Huh. Mail works perfectly for me in OS X 10.1.2, except there is still no SSL support! :mad:

Originally posted by Tommaso808

TP

You're not alone. The same thing happens to me.

with 10.1.2, is the same problem I've had since 10.1...

On my G4/800MP, I can't get OS X to wake up from sleep 90% of the time, and since 10.1.2, almost 100% of the time. At first I thought it was due to having a PCI Radeon added to it, but I've removed it and still can't the system to go to deep sleep.

This problem is probably costing me at least $15-20/month in wasted power. Yes, I know I can (and sometimes do) shut the machine down when not being used, but it SHOULD be able to go to sleep. I've returned the machine to an (almost) factory setting, with the exception of extra RAM and HD, and it still won't wake from deep sleep...

VERY annoying...

won't wake by hitting a key on the keyboard? my imac won't wake with the mouse but does fine with the keyboard.

Won't wake with the keyboard, mouse or pressing the power button.

The only way to recover from it is to hit the reset button...

As I said, VERY annoying...

Back