10.1.3 - DVD not supported on B&W?! Worked under 10.1.2

Raptor

Registered
Under 10.1.2, my B&W G3 (upgraded to a G4) would play DVDs just fine. Since installing 10.1.3, the system tells me "This machine configuration is not supported".

Anyone else seen this or have any ideas? Thanks.

---Bill

mine works fine ... perhaps you could delete the reciept for the DVD update (in the /Library/Reciepts folder) and try the software update panel again to reinstall it from scratch.

My Pismo Powerbook G3 DVD also worked fine under 10.1.2, in fact it was even better than OS 9, but it doesn't work at all now. I have flashed the firmware on it to make it region free though, could this be the problem ?

It still works fine under OS 9 though, albeit a lot slower than that wonderfull X version.<br><br>

A bit late to notice that!;)

Have the same problem. But we (some people on http://www.xlr8yourmac.com) are workin on it!:) :( :mad: :)

The strange thing is that even some supported macs are "not supported"! the Installer didn't do anything to the DVD.app itself. Must be something with the new drivers installed with this system update!

If you have any suggestions on how to fix it go to XLR8yourmac and and help us. Even Hexing the .app does not work this time!

:(

Back