10.1.3 issues

manofsteel300

Registered
I installed the 10.1.3 bundle update from software update and as it was optimizing it froze. I had to force restart it and this means that it left all sorts of files that it didnt clean up lying around. Also it didnt optimize and now everything is unbearable slow. I dont know if it is because of that but now my internet is ridiculous. I have dsl, yet it takes minutes before it recognizes a fast webserver like apple or google. This isn't only when i use internet explorer but also things like watson. Any ideas? How do i get it to fix the mess it left? thanks.

optimizing is just prebindig. go to www.versiontracker.com and get Xoptimize. it will prebind all the apps on your disc and should bring you back to speed unless there were bigger problems with your update.

I got XOptimize and my system is better now, but the installer didnt clean up because it got shut down in the middle. How do i fix the rest of the problems?

Along the same lines, is it possible to reapply an update?

Cheers.

Originally posted by manofsteel300
I got XOptimize and my system is better now, but the installer didnt clean up because it got shut down in the middle. How do i fix the rest of the problems?

Just double-click on the package in /Library/Receipts, I imagine, right?

If I'm getting errors trying to reapply the Security Update, any suggestions?

Cheers.

Originally posted by genghiscohen
Sure, I've done it several times.
:D

No, unfortunately the receipts are not real installers. Easiest way is to download the stand-alone installer from Apple's website.

Back