10.1.3 !!

xegan

hunger buster
My good-old '97 external SCSI Yamaha 4x CD-r burner finally works!!!

I was so worried that all my "old" SCSI stuff would
never see the light of OSX...

now if I could only use my Umax SCSI scanner...

patience...

Not sure about older scanners, but FWIW, it seems that no scanner has native OS X drivers as of yet.

Originally posted by testuser
As for scanners
from Agfa's site
"The FotoLook 3.6 and ScanWise 2.0 version support recent operating systems as Mac OS X, Windows 2000 and Windows XP for most USB and SCSI scanners."
not sure if they mean natively or in Classic [/B]

I think you are correct! Some of the later scanners have software that it says at the site is for OS X. Nice! Only thing is that unless I am mistaken, they are no longer making low-end home-use scanners. :(

Took 3 attempts to finally get the install to work via Software Update - wasted 30MB of download on ADSL - an Apple server problem by the looks of it.

Installed without incident on my PowerBook G3 400mHz Pismo. DVD works great - haven't noticed any improvements or degradation, but I'll take Apple's word that it does what they say it will do. Have my PB hooked up to a 21inch monitor and no probs with that either.

3 stars for now - 2 more stars coming if I can notice the difference. I'm waiting for 10.2 now... Zeal :)

Got 56k at home, but broadband at school. Also have an iPod, so before I waste my money, will it take a week for this to hit the Apple Downloads-page?

EDIT: Never mind, found it on versiontracker

I have a scsi 8x4x24 Yamaha cdr and a Umax astra scsi scanner, and WooooHoooo! I got a cd burner again! I am a happy camper. I'll try and do something with this scanner in a bit, I'm guessing it's not gonna happen, but I was thinking there for a bit that 10.1.3 would be a non-event for me.

dual 450 G4 with adaptec AHA 2930b 50 pin regular internal interface, compact 50 pin external interface. Identical to the one that I got with my PowerCenter Pro some years ago. I believe it's officially a scsi 2 card which started shipping in 1997.

Back