10.1.5 and iBooks

Jermsmingy

Registered
For those of you who have iBooks I just updated to 10.1.5 and now in the energy saver I can reduce the processor speed to save the battery. Just thought ya'll might like to know that.

Hey, that's pretty cool. Any idea what speed it lowers to? Hopefully it's a little quicker than the 33 MHz that older G3 Powerbooks would switch to. Since we're discussing iBooks, I thought I would mention the improved graphics acceleration support that's allegedly included with the update. Support was added for Rage Pro graphics hardware. Is the iBook's graphics hardware a member of the Rage Pro family? I just can't remember for sure...

All you have to do is go to the energy saver in the system preferences and hit the options tab and it is the last option. I have no idea what speed it lowers it to, but I am going to assume that it doesn't lower more than 100mhz. If any of you do this tell me how much it increases your battery life. I would like to see what the average is. Thanks and Hope this helps.

Whatever speed it does lower the computer to, I'm sure it will be adequate for playing Angband during class. . . I mean, taking notes. Wink wink.

Back