10.1.5 when?

Dunno, 10.1.4 is still kinda new, and Apple doesn't want to be like Microsoft and push an update every week.

But there are many 10.1.5 developer builds out there, I had one, and it seemed to improve a lot, I couldn't find any bugs in the early build I tried, so I'm guessing they're double and tripple checking their code for 10.1.5 to make sure it can last a long long time until Jaguar comes out. You can tell it's a transitional release since it does sport the eject-on-screen and carbon app antialiasing like Jaguar.

Originally posted by dricci
Dunno, 10.1.4 is still kinda new, and Apple doesn't want to be like Microsoft and push an update every week.

But there are many 10.1.5 developer builds out there, I had one, and it seemed to improve a lot, I couldn't find any bugs in the early build I tried, so I'm guessing they're double and tripple checking their code for 10.1.5 to make sure it can last a long long time until Jaguar comes out. You can tell it's a transitional release since it does sport the eject-on-screen and carbon app antialiasing like Jaguar.

What's eject-on-screen?

Originally posted by Hypernate

What's eject-on-screen?

I think when you eject a disk a little translucent eject picture (ala brightness, volume etc…) flashes up on the screen.

Question.. will you be able to update from a previous beta build when the FINAL 10.1.5 is released or will you have to reinstall? I'm guessing you would be able to update due to the build number, any ideas? :confused:

Originally posted by hew
Question.. will you be able to update from a previous beta build when the FINAL 10.1.5 is released or will you have to reinstall? I'm guessing you would be able to update due to the build number, any ideas? :confused:

I'm thinking you'll have to reformat, unless you use something like pacifist to just manually install the package files, which should be just as good as normal install.

Apple has stated many times that they don't support upgrading from one beta OS to another beta or a final.

I'm thinking you'll have to reformat, unless you use something like pacifist to just manually install the package files, which should be just as good as normal install.

Apple has stated many times that they don't support upgrading from one beta OS to another beta or a final.

I would think you could just trash the 10.1.5 receipt and then upgrade. It would suck to have to reformat. Oh, well. I have plenty of backup options :D

Absolutely right. I've tried to install Jaguar 10.2 DP and in .pdf comes with installation - smth. like "you can not upgrade from this Developer Preview 10.2 to final Jaguar"

Originally posted by cybergoober

I would think you could just trash the 10.1.5 receipt and then upgrade. It would suck to have to reformat. Oh, well. I have plenty of backup options :D

What do u mean? i just posted a new thread about copying a hd. do you know of any good software?

People with 10.1.5...

How does the Eject on screen work? Do you drag the removable device (Be it CD, DVD, or disk image) and it just fades into the middle of the screen, or how does it work? :confused: And does the trash eject still work?

On the build that i am using anyways the eject appears when you push the eject key f12. it dosen't work when dragging the removable device to the trash.

Originally posted by ricky
People with 10.1.5...

How does the Eject on screen work? Do you drag the removable device (Be it CD, DVD, or disk image) and it just fades into the middle of the screen, or how does it work? :confused: And does the trash eject still work?

When you press the eject key a little translucent eject icon appears on screen, like when you press one of the Volume keys. That is all it is. I don't see what all the hype is about.

Originally posted by Shibby

What do u mean? i just posted a new thread about copying a hd. do you know of any good software?

I just mean I have a second HD to back up data to, a server I can back up to, a Snap! server to back up to, about 10GB free on my TiBook and access to an ftp server. Not necessarily backup software solutions. Sorry to mislead you, there.

Back