10.1 and iBook G3 - Anyone Tested Yet ??

Wedge(Posse)

Registered
Has anyone tested the GM on an iBook USB 500MHZ and, if so, what performance do you get - for example, number of bounces to launch Internet Explorer, system preferences launch, DVD playback etc ?

whitesaint

cocoa love
I have an iBook G3 with 192 MB RAM, and honestly i am somewhat dissapointed in the performance. OF course i didn't use the GM version. I used 5G48 but the performance boosts were very little. Also 5G48 was bugy as hell as I also heard that 5G59 was buggy as hell. I think Apple should spend more time on it. Hopefully 5G64 is much faster than 5G48. I used 5F24 and that was ALOT faster than 5G48...Anyways just my 2 cents...

-whitesaint

konrad

Registered
i have it running on a pismo powerbook g3, 192meg. ram and it runs very fast (for that relatively slow hardware, of course) and stable, very smooth multitasking, very responsive gui, im very happy with it.

BBenve

Apple seeder
I dunno what prob you seem to have whitesaint... My Ibook dual USB 500 with 384 MB ram is flying withG48... sure it is a little slower than few previews build... but i heard that they gained the speed back on G64.
The ibook is doing just fine with 10.1 .. speed and reliability are the words..... i am glad Apple supercharged X...
Well i know this is just my opinion.. But X + Ibook 500 .. is a winning DUO!!!

Andy