10.1 DevTools Download Available!

sfish

Fark Lover
The 10.1 Developer Tools CD Image is now available for download from Apple (187.8 MB).

Go to http://developer.apple.com and signup for an ADC account if you don't already have one. Once you've signed in, click on the orange "Download Software" link on the left side of the page. If it's not obvious what to do then, you probably shouldn't be downloading the Developer Tools anyway. :)

Using Omni, IE, and iCab, all I get is

We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

I guess you could say it's pretty obvious what to do there, but still...

Can someone please tell me what useful apps are in the Developer Tools for someone that does not want to develop commercial apps but may want more control over their OS?

I got mine when they first came out ;)
Lots of useful apps like C compilers, debuggers, project builder, package maker, interface builder and lots lots more ;)

If you wanna develop on OS X get it...its free :D

Yes, Apple kind of went overboard in relegating absolutely everything realted to compiling to the Dev tools CD - you can't even install a Unix utility that is distributed as source code, unless you have installed the entire CD.

Which means, I can't do a thing about updating my programs until Apple fixes their #$@!)* server

It took me 2.5 hours to download that 185ish MB file from apple's servers when it came out...and I am on T1 mind u :p

OK apple, get a few OS X/Quicksilver Dual G4s as your servers :p
We dont want those ghetto 6100 servers any more he he

I'm downloading the Dev tools 10.1. 479kbyte per second on my cable modem connection. Wednesday morning Oct 10. 7:05 am PST. I'm in Seattle. My average speed is around 430k/sec. I'm doing this in windows xp using netstat live to check speed and download accelerator plus.

No the iamge is a DMG image which *can* be made into a toast image using the terminal and the hdutils command

my devtools CD was just dropped off at my house - or so FEDEX says. Unfortunately I am at work - and I'm going to the Celtics game tonight (seats on the floor!). So, I won't be able to check it out until I get home.

Glad I spent the 20 bucks and bought the update from apple even though I did get an update cd from the local apple store...

Back