10.1 on iMac DV SE 400 MHz?

I have a iMac DV SE 400 with 256 RAM running 10.1. IE, SYST Prefs, AIM, Audion 2.6 and Mail takes 2 bounces and Address book takes 3. I got my 10.1 at around 7:30 at a CompuUSA store in Virginia. I went to the Apple Store around 12 to find out that 200 people started waiting in line at 7 A.M in front of the store (which is in a huge mall) to get a copy and the store ran out of copies in an hour. Luckily I went to CompUSA at night to find out there were about nine more available and went home happy! Hope the info helped.

THANKX!!!!!!!

I have 384 MB running, so then my iMac has to be even faster (as we look at the advanced memory manager of Mac OS X!)
Can you tell me something more about Mac OS X 10.1 compared to 10.0.4?

AppleWatcher

Well, there is a nice volume addition on the toolbar, so I could get rid of the volume dock thing. Resizing windows is a bit faster, but not as fast as I would has hoped. The DVD player is 10 times better than the one on 9.1. The dock also can be moved around and you can also now copy and paste icons with ease now (including the Hard Drive). Thats all the big things I can think of. One last thought...because of the update, I have now have finnaly been able to get (and stay) out of OS 9.1. :D

Yes, I have the last problem.
But I live in The Netherlands and I have to wait for my friend.
We're going to buy the upgrade (with DevCD), but he has not always time, and here, not all Apple dealers have already the CD's.

Did you already tried the built-in Samba-thing?

AW:cool:

I have an imac dvse 400 also, with 512 megs of ram... and 10.1 is very nice on it :)

There are still plenty of issues (most of them very minor), and I think by the next major release (10.5?), OSX will be in extremely good shape. But as is, you should be quite happy.

I can only imagine what its like on one of the newer g4's... *drool*

Back