10.1 to 10.1.4??

I think you have to use the 10.1.3 multi updater from 10.1 and then update to 10.1.4... I don't think Apple made a 10.1.4 multi-update. Hopefully they will with 10.1.5.

i just upgraded from 10.1 to 10.1.4 recently and it was pretty complicated. First I had to install the Security Update 10-19-01, then the Installer Update 1.0, then the MacOSXUpdateCombo 10.1.3, then the April Security Update, then 10.1.4. I don't think the April Securiy update is essential but for everything else you have to do it in this order. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106713 gives some more info.

When I had to reformat, I just installed 10.0 then 10.1 update, then just ran Software Update until there was nothing left--didn't find it that bad :)

this of course works great. if, however, you want to make a CD of the patches that appear, the order in which you will install the stuff does have to be the right one. some of them are quite big. and if you're updating more than one machine, it'd be a complete waste of bandwidth to download the patches multiple times.

…and you do know that after you install an update through SU, "Save As…" under File is selectable and you can save the update to disk to burn or whatever? Don't you? ;)

i think you didn't understand what i said.

your post doesn't seem to have any reference to anything before on this thread. :)

maybe you should try to read it again and understand.

this wasn't about an inability to save or download the updates. it's about the order of installation and if you download them on one of your computers you'll still have to apply them in the right order on the next machine.

k, man? :)

just didn't word my reply very well. Was in a bit of a hurry. I was just pointing out that SU lets you save the updates.

If I'm not mistaken SU shows you the order. It won't show certain updates until you have run the prerequisite. You install the updates on the first machine through SU then Save As. Maybe get creative and save the packages with numbers to indicate the order. Burn all your update packages on CD. Install them on the rest of the machines from the CD.

Sorry for the confusion and coming across as an ass.

Back