10.1 Update CD question

Neozzz

Registered
I currently have 10.1.1 installed on my G4, however it has no Chinese input method installed. So I decided to grab the new 2Z updated version of 10.1 update CD (there are two versions, one starts with serial number 1Z, the other with 2Z, 1Z has no chinese input, but the 2Z does) But now I'm unable to install 10.1 over my 10.1.1 It just won't let me. Keep saying there is no previous version found. Is there a way for me to do so without reformating and install 10.0 then update to 10.1?

during my recent problems with my external harddrive recognition I reinstalled 10.1.1 by first installing my original osx from disc. When rebooting I got a big hang with lots of unix code telling me "hanging here". I used the paper clip and manually removed original disk and then inserted 10.1 disk and rebooted. It finished installation and rebooted just fine. from there just used software update to install 10.1.1.
My problem was not solved by this. It took running diskwarrior on internal drive to get things straight. So I am not telling you to do what i did, but it should bring you back to a point where you can get the 10.1.1 you want if you aren't afraid of the hanging thing. (freaked me out for a few minutes). osx really should have some sort of a clean install like 9.

Back