10.1 Update not quite 10.1?

Originally posted by Leonis
This is what I got after the security update

5l14.gif

umm, is it just me, or does my start up disk panel look a lot different than yours? That looks like an aqua theme in 9. Doesn't matter I guess as you are still showing the build # tho :)

Funny how people are having their Startup Disk control panel say 9.1.1 instead of 9.2.1. Just hope you don't actually have to call 9.1.1. ;)

And that is definitely an aqua theme applied to OS 9. Just wondering: is it Kaliedoscope?

I thought I had the whole marshmellow but now I find out that it is nothing but fluff.

Attachments

• cockpitdetail.gif
    cockpitdetail.gif
    52.9 KB · Views: 39
Originally posted by ksv
Yes, how many times do I have to say it? ;)
5J34 has more FULLY LOCALIZED languages than 5G64. I've been testing 5J24/5J34 for a month now.
No, scandinavian and some other languages were NOT in 5G64.

so is "norsk" norwegian? if so it was in 10.0.4, but how fully or partially localised it was i know not. (for those who don't know, you have to click on the "edit" button on the languages pane of system preferences to see all the languages).

specifically, what new languages are there?

Yep, "Norsk" is "Norwegian" :)
Nope, it wasn't in 10.0.4. Only partial.
Fully localized norwegian 10.0.4 were never made, they only came to 10.0.3 before they started working at 10.1...

There are a total of 15 languages in 5J34;
Norsk
English
Français
Deutsch
Espanol
Italiano
Nederlands
Portuges
Svenska
Dansk
Soumi
And 4 asian languages that I don't understand ;)

Originally posted by ksv
Yep, "Norsk" is "Norwegian" :)
Nope, it wasn't in 10.0.4. Only partial.
Fully localized norwegian 10.0.4 were never made, they only came to 10.0.3 before they started working at 10.1...

what do you mean when you say norsk was "partial?" do you mean some of apple's apps weren't localised?

There are a total of 15 languages in 5J34;
Norsk
English
Français
Deutsch
Espanol
Italiano
Nederlands
Portuges
Svenska
Dansk
Soumi
And 4 asian languages that I don't understand ;)

that's the same list i have for 10.0.4 and 10.1. english, french, german and portuguese have a number of variants also.

so what exactly are you saying is different?!:cool: not trying to cause an argument, I am just not understanding you.

No, I mean the list that appears in the International pane in System Prefs without having to click the Edit button. These languages are 100% translated in OS X. Just try to switch to norwegian, and you'll see that the menus, apps, etc are still in english, but maybe the date and time in the menu bar appears in norwegian.
In 5J34 (and all the other 5J builds), everything is localized, exept from IE.

There are other languages, I don't know how fully they are localized, but they are there.

5J34 (at least my copy) had options to install a couple of oriental languages such as Japanese. As I said, I don't know the extent of the localization (I haven't switched to Japanese yet...)

Originally posted by Kid Red

umm, is it just me, or does my start up disk panel look a lot different than yours? That looks like an aqua theme in 9

You are right....that's Aqua theme in OS 9 :)

I am doing my best to make OS 9 look as close to X as possible..... I even "hacked" the OS 9 to with transparent text background :)

text.jpg

I haven't had any reason to install Japanese translators on mine as well. My knowledge of Japanese is quite limited and I don't get any material that requires translating. I did study for a while but I gave My Sansado English Japanese dictionary to my niece.

Originally posted by ksv
No, I mean the list that appears in the International pane in System Prefs without having to click the Edit button. These languages are 100% translated in OS X.

i didn't know that. i figured they were just "apple's choice." they really should have some information text to this effect on the edit screen.

Just try to switch to norwegian, and you'll see that the menus, apps, etc are still in english

indeed they are! how sneaky of apple.

i guess that's why putting british english at the top of my list did absolutely nada!

thanks for enlightening me.:)

I too have build 5P48!! Apple must be playing with our heads!!!! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......I'm going crazy!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

*** simX wonders if anyone noticed this thread was actually started in October and died in October, until it was revived a couple days ago. :rolleyes:

Let's not dig through the past, OK? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by simX
*** simX wonders if anyone noticed this thread was actually started in October and died in October, until it was revived a couple days ago. :rolleyes:

Let's not dig through the past, OK? :rolleyes:

It's clem_007's fault :p hehe ;)

Back