10.2.1 (6d42)

metfoo

Registered
Right click on a file and open with is there. I dont know what else is there. I have a screen capture of system profiler

Anyone have any info on this? Anyone else see it yet?

IE tends o freeze on me some. FTP using connect to server still doesnt work right for me either.

Attachments

• 10-2-1.jpg
    10-2-1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 795
no, metfoo has photoshopped his system profiler. the features you call, metfoo, are in 10.2. and you should have looked at the kernel's build date, which usually changes for newer builds, although the version doesn't have to. can you make a new, better pict and post it here, too?

no, its not a photochopped image. I have a 11.4MB MG file that contains the update. what else would ou like me to post to prove it. here a screen shot of about my mac

since i no longer have 10.2 installed (not until i get my ADC mailing of it) i cannot make version comps. I have 6c115a, but i am waiting unti i get my actual cd to install.

how can i prove these are not photochops?

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 463
I believe you, but I wouldn't install an update until Apple says so, unless you're a developer or tester who needs to do so.

My only speculation is in the Kernel build date.

how can you prove it isn't photoshopped? try posting a full screen capture with your dock showing. if no graphic viewing programs are running then that would be a start to showing that these are true system pics.

here you go

i had to recompress the jpeg to allow it to be uploaded

Attachments

• fullscreen.jpg
    fullscreen.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 473
Ed taking a screenshot without a graphics program running isnt exactly hard or a great way of proving anything lol

i say if its real, send it to someone... like me ;)

ok, let's go back to your original post pic.
shouldn't the correct darwin kernal be 6.1 if the system is 10.2.1? apple normally updates these together.

it may be out there, but is it really anything more than a hacked 10.2?

ed - i dont know the answer. The installer doesnt give any info. One would assume that it would updadte the kernal, but it might just b eupdating other parts of the OS.

well, the kernel doesn't have to be upgraded, although it has been in the past for .x.x updates (at least it has been recompiled with a newer date, even if the version number didn't change). the version number wouldn't change, by the way. darwin 5.5 was the kernel for all versions of 10.1.

no new info there. check http://mac.fryke.com ... but anyway... it seems like the kernel hasn't been updated, but many other files have been updated. anyway (again) don't bother just yet. the installers do not contain _any_ readme files, so it is unknown what bugs will be fixed or (if at all) what features added.

OK ~~~ for tho's whom are lucky enough to have this update.. What changes or fix's does this update include ???

Thanks

Back