10.2.1 and ICal

Shibby

Homer
Has anyone elsed noticed with the 10.2.1 update that ical now keeps the date in the dock while the program isnt running.

I didn't notice it before, cool...

In 10.2 the Icon looses it's date when passing midnight and the computer sleeping. I'll have to look out for that tomorrow morning.

it doesn't do that for me, if i launch iCal and quit, then it does though.....but after a clean start of the computer it doesn't do that....i wish it did, that would be cool....

Uh... it did that for ME BEFORE I updated to 10.2.1.... you simply have to launch it once a day, and even after quitting, the icon stays.

Well, I think items that are permanently in the Dock should be added. For example iCal. It should display the current date at all time (and also act as a launcher for iCal). I guess that would need changes in the code of the Dock, though, so they can't add that through the application. (There's actually a helper application for iCal that is active when iCal isn't and vice versa, couldn't that one command the iCal icon somehow?)

Past midnight here, and again no date or text in the iCal icon....
Busy playing Snood so I missed when it happened.

...mine Changed, but iCal was Active, jus' 'hidden' ...i'm going to see what happens tomorrow, when the App is NOT active! :D

NeYo

haven't tried it YET, but it'd be neat, if you used iCal, in 'Day' View, rather than week, and everyday, it changed to the day of the calender, as and when we hit that day, rather than staying on the day the user left it on (if that makes sense) that'd be really Cool ... i'm gonna look out for that too!

I'm beginning to like iCal, i never thought i'd need a calender, but now, i am using it for Jus simple things, that are helpful to me! ... Now i Just need my Dratted Bluetooth Adapter! ... (GOOD Job iSync is fairly Distant @ the moment! :D)

its a shame the apple store Doens't take Switch!! :mad:

<< americans, huh?! :rolleyes: lol!)

...Hey, there's a computer fair, here in England Sunday, that i might try and hit up. But i am curious, do u think, if i did buy a USB Bluetooth Adapter, It'd 'more than likely' work with my iBook, or Do you consider the D-Link one to be a little 'different' *excuse the pun* than the average?! I Definately want one for my Mac, over my Crappy XP Machine (iCal 'n' iSync Answering the 'why' part!)

NeYo

Back