10.2.1 stable

fryke

Staff member
Mod
Okay, first I hate when people call their threads '10.2 unstable', thus I've created this one.

If you're using a build of 10.2.1, please state the build number and what problems you've run into (if any).

My experiences:

(6C115: Some troubles.)
6D42: Stable.
6D46: Stable.
6D50: Stable.

fryke - I promise the only thing unstable in any of my posts is my sanity! :)

Can I ask a dumb question? 10.2.1 is not available via software update. Are you a developer and/or have some kind of access to betas of updates? Even though I'm having some intermittent finder freezes with 10.2, I'm not sure I want or really need to have access to betas, but I'm just curious how that works.

Thanks!

Originally posted by karavite

Can I ask a dumb question? 10.2.1 is not available via software update. Are you a developer and/or have some kind of access to betas of updates? Even though I'm having some intermittent finder freezes with 10.2, I'm not sure I want or really need to have access to betas, but I'm just curious how that works.

Thanks!

that's what I'd like to know. Obviously if he were a developer, he wouldn't be on macosx.com forums, there are developer forums at apple and various other developer forums. And if he were a developer, he'd have to sign a NDA, which would mean him talking about updates would be violating his contract with apple. Sounds like he's just some warezer with time to burn.

Well, that's the beauty of being free, isn't it? Hmm...

I'm not a developer myself. So go figure: Yes, I shouldn't have my hands on unreleased builds of Mac OS X. Yet I do.

So do others. And while it isn't allowed to talk about where to get these builds on this board, it's allowed to talk about what's to come.

I'm maintaining a Macintosh news & rumour site at http://macnews.net.tc and am always interested in new and fresh stuff. So if you ARE using a non-officially-released-build of 10.2.1, post your experiences.

I'm staying out of this one!

Except for one question - what is the definition of a "warezer"? I found this at: http://216.239.33.100/search?q=cach...mnia.org/~qg/leet.html+warezer&hl=en&ie=UTF-8[/url]

It is a strong hypothysis that all social groups have an "elite" and a "mass". The elite often have the master morality and the mass have the slave morality, although this is not always true. In computer virus writer circles one can see the virus writer as the "elite", possessing the master morality whereas the "virus traders" are the mass, possessin a slave morality. Whereas in warezing circles, the "cracker" (as in cracker of copy protection) is considered the "elite" and has a slave morality. Whereas in warezing circles, the "cracker" (as in cracker of copy protection) is considered the "elite" and has a slave morality whereas the warezer is considered the mass and has a definite master morality.

I think whoever wrote this flipped the slave and master thing between the cracker and warezer - but fryke, please don't take this as my suggesting in any way you are anything at all! I was just unfamiliar with the term.

Obviously if he were a developer, he wouldn't be on macosx.com forums, there are developer forums at apple and various other developer forums.

wrong - there are lots of developers who are members of this site and participate regularly. perhaps you missed the programming forum. Just because there are other resources, doesn't mean we don't have a great community of developers here. You will find plenty of stuff at versiontracker and macupdate that originates from our members.

6D46 (obtained legally)-- No problems here. Don't actually notice anything improved from 6C115, though either.

The only weird thing that has happened recently to me (and i doubt it's related) is that my firewire external drive doesn't show up on my computer anymore, but when I unplug it or turn it off, I get a popup window on the mac saying that it wasn't unmounted successfully. works on my ibook though.

anyway, seems that the mac boots a bit quicker with this build. Thats the only thing i've noticed.

eric

6d46

no changes from what i see... maybe a little more stable when it comes to mail.app etc

Back