10.2.1 within hours

HyperLiteG4

Registered
just thought you guys might care....

the AppleCare website has posted info at this link

and this is from macosrumors.com:

Monday, September 16 4:07 PM ET

Recon from several sources suggests that Mac OS X Update 10.2.1 will be released both as a Software Update listing and as a standalone installer download in a matter of hours. From Apple's readme:

Enhancements Delivered with this update

Disc Burning Enhancements

* Improves compatibility of burned CDs with Microsoft Windows.
* Addresses a situation that could result in a failure when burning a disc using iTunes 3 and a high burn speed.
* Addresses an issue in which Disk Utility could inaccurately report "problems" when scanning a disc that was burned with iTunes or in the Finder.
* Adds support for various third-party disc burners, including: TDK VeloCD 241032FP and 241040F, MCE Technologies Lucid-24 24x10x24x Portable FireWire CDRW Drive, LaCie PocketCDRW 24x10x24 U&I, EZQuest Boa CDR/w 48x12x48 FireWire, Formac cdrw 40x10x40 and cdrw 48x10x40.

Digital Hub and Peripheral Device Enhancements

* Decreases the amount of time Final Cut Pro takes to open, and improves iMovie compatibility when a Sony DVMC-DA1 media converter is connected to the computer.
* Improves iMovie compatibility with Canopus ADVC-100 media converter. * Improves compatibility with certain (SCSI-based) scanners.
* Improves compatibility of Image Capture with Epson DS (TWAIN).
* Improves results when scanning in grayscale or black-and-white with Image Capture and Epson UI.
* Enhances reliability when hot-swapping a FireWire-based camera on certain iMacs using Final Cut Pro.
* Addresses a potential issue in which a USB keyboard or mouse is not recognized or able to wake the computer after having been connected to or disconnected from an external USB hub while the computer is in sleep.

Networking and Mail Enhancements

* Addresses a situation in which certain Internet service providers (ISPs) may not accept outgoing email (SMTP) from computers using NAT and a ".local" hostname (which may be assigned by Rendezvous).
* Addresses a situation in which, if the connection fails when transferring email to your computer via your network or an Internet connection, all mail not transferred is lost.
* Improves Mac OS X Server performance in heavy AFP client load situations.
* Improves Mac OS X Server reliability when a Mac OS 9 client attempts a scheduled AFP connection.
* Resolves a potential issue in which Mail could fail to import mail messages from Eudora as expected.

Printing Enhancements

* Addresses a potential situation in which Print Center would unexpectedly quit when using St. Claire Software's Default Folder X.
* Improves compatibility with HP LaserJet 4V and HP LaserJet 4MV printers.
* Reduces occurrences of a potential "busy; source EIO (ATALK)" alert message when printing using AppleTalk via CUPS.
* Addresses an issue when printing via CUPS in which the second queued print job would automatically start if the first print job was stopped.
* Addresses a potential "error -1" message in Print Center when adding a third-party USB printer.
* Includes various other CUPS-related printing enhancements.

Other Enhancements

* Improves potential situations in which a Web page's graphics could take an unexpectedly long time to appear in a browser window.
* Improves compatibility with Microsoft Entourage.
* Reduces likelihood of a potential "ticking hard drive" symptom that could be caused by IOAudio errors regularly being written to the system.log file.
* Addresses a potential issue in which Mac Help may not be available following an erase-installation.
* Improves compatibility of the Universal Access Zoom feature with some iBook computers.
* Addresses a potential situation in which no video may appear after waking certain iBook computers that are connected to an external display or presentation device.
* Addresses a situation in which a Classic application may fail to produce sound after waking from sleep.
* Addresses a potential situation in which AppleTalk may not be available in the Classic environment after waking from sleep.
* Addresses various potential kernel panic situations.

That Apple Link is down...now you get this:

Document 107036 Not Found

The article you're looking for could not be found. Please either start over and ask another question, search Apple's Knowledge Archive, or visit the Discussion area.

The Knowledge Archive contains technical information for older Apple Products. Apple's Discussion Forum area allows you to search previous customer questions and answers, or post a new question which may be answered by other Apple customers, or Apple Representatives.

It's the same article number that was mentioned in earlier builds of 10.2.1 and 6D51. So if MOSR happened to get a catch on the document (if it was up for some moments), I guess it would mean Apple is preparing the release.

there's gotta be someone sitting around at apple who can see how bad we want this stuff....he's just making us wait longer....i've had my finger on the software update all day today waiting for it before i went home from the office....but oh well, tomorrow is another day....

I have been on 6D51 for a couple of days but its installer doesn't include a detail description. I tho think there would be some newer builds.

Sweet! Nothing pertains to me! Please tell me there's more than what is listed above. I have had numerous problems with 10.2. that aren't mentioned at all.

It's normal not to mention smaller bugfixes. However, 6D51 had quite these items in the ReadMe when I got it and installed it...

Originally posted by fryke
It's normal not to mention smaller bugfixes. However, 6D51 had quite these items in the ReadMe when I got it and installed it...

Can you share some of these?

It's in German for me, but it's shorter, I gather. It's a sum up of the note. And at the end it says:

Code:
Weitere Informationen zu diesem Update finden
Sie im Internet unter [url]http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n107036[/url]

So I guess that's how it'll appear in Software Update.

I'm trying to connect with software update and I get an error (see pic). Could that be that the server is down and when it comes up again it has 10.2.1 on it:p

time will tell.....

:D

Attachments

• softwareupdate.jpg
    softwareupdate.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 52
It has never happend for me before and I've been trying to connect for an hour or more and I still get the same error...

(Sarkasm on)Yes, I also guess it would take them AT LEAST an hour to upload a 17 MB update and to, hmm, restart (?) the server afterwards?(Sarkasm off)

Originally posted by viktor
It has never happend for me before and I've been trying to connect for an hour or more and I still get the same error...

Same error here.. Hmm, something happening at apple! After rain comes SUNSHINE! (has nothing to do with Sun.)

senne.

This really happened before. Kendall an I (from macnews.net.tc) have spent some two hours trying to connect one or two weeks ago). And then the service was back up with no changes. So don't read too much into it.

Well, well, apples server is up again and guess what... iTunes 3.0.1 is out

guess apple needed a few hours to upload the 5.8mb iTunes update :rolleyes:

Back