10.2.2 and DVD Player errors - any standard fixes?

Munsey

Registered
Also posted this question on the apple.com forum, but thought it was relevant enough to ask it here too. Hope you don't mind.

So anyway, it appears that a good number of people have encountered problems with DVD Player after updating to 10.2.2. Most of the time, people seem to be getting 'fatal error' messages with only the option to quit, error messages indicating problems reading the disc, or some other random error message like that. I've had the same problem, and then some (the larger issues have been resolved), and I'm just a little miffed about it. There seem to be random fixes for this floating around, but I'm wondering now if Apple has an official answer/fix for this? Or, alternatively, have the other users who have encountered this problem found a standard fix of sorts? Thanks much.

OK, so I found my own solution. I had tried re-installing the 10.2.2 update several times. No dice. Then, tonight, just for the heck of it, I installed the 10.2.2 combo update. Now DVD Player works without a hitch. Go figure.

Back