10.2.4 Bluetooth HID Support

AJaX

Registered
I'm going to guess that the updates with bluetooth will be to support HID devices in 10.2.4..such as the bluetooth microsloth mouse that i just bought that barely works on winXP :) what do you guys think?

AJaX, I am looking for any Bluetooth mouse to work with my newly PowerBook G4 12 inch. Let me know if it works after 10.2.4!

Never buy hardware _hoping_ that it will be supported. Try it out, read reviews, then buy, ddma. :)

I personally don't like mice that need recharging or changing of batteries... For my TiBook, I have a very (very) small Maxxtro optical three button mouse (the wheel's a third button). The cable is okay, since I only need the mouse on a desk and not while on the road, in a train or anything.

But imagine when you are doing presentation or travelling with the new PowerBook with bluetooth built in support, it is really cool to go without wire :)

ddma -- i'll let you know, it works with the PC now, just waiting for 10.2.4 to come out then I'll test it, actually with 10.2.3 the mac recognized it by saying "Microsoft Mouse" in the device list, it just did not work. I searched the apple knowledge base to find that bluetooth does not support HID yet (a BIG yet) cause I think that is the improvement to bluetooth, as ThinkSecret mentioned, damn they were right about those imacs ;-)

I like they new PocketMouse (Kensington, I think) where the reciever stores in the mouse. However, like fryke, I am wary of battery replacement/charging. That can impact on the size/weight (and therefore portability) of the mouse, not to mention the embarassment of your mouse going dead during a presentation :p

Does the MS Bluetooth wireless mouse (or any other for that matter) have an off switch? Seems like that would be a good idea for mice that you carry around in a backpack or bag to save battery power.

Back