10.2 64bit on a G5

LOL I am not suggesting Mhz are a good benchmark :p
They are only good if used in the same family of processors.

The thing is that if you do photoshop, mp3 encoding and so on testing systems would me more tedius than testing processors since there are only a few processors but a lot of systems ;)

The superior race...
is the race produced by the cloning of Admirals lol :p ;)
(or the clonings of most senion members here :p)

by clockless, can i assume u mean an Asynchronous processor.... I remember that ARM were doing some research into this way back in the mid 90's..... n e 1 got an update on this..?

Originally posted by Natester

Of course, Apple is already having a hard time marketing G4, what with the "megahertz myth" campaign and all. It might prove exceedingly difficult to market a "Zero Megahertz" chip.

This actually might work to their favor. Most people are starting to learn about this now that the T-Birds are faster than the P4's. It could be the "Still Using Mhz & Ghz" campaign. Especially if the Itanium is starting at 80o Mhz. Itnel couldn't say a thing. It would actually be perfect timing to discredit them even further.

Actually, we are all going to need a lot more ram and HD space when we go 64 bit. My understanding is that identical programs will require more room. (32 bit vs. 64 bit) I can't wait to see the campaign on this one. Everyone used Mhz to make it easy for consumers to measure what they were gettting. We may have to use the GFLOPS for advertising going forward.

Brian

Back