10.2, CDR drives and toast

jomaan

Super Bull
Well, again problems with SCSI CDR Drives and toast 5.1.4…

Anyone can explain how can I solve the archifamous problem?

My system recognizes the SCSI card (Adapatec 2906, also in this card is attached a 4Gb IBM HardDisk and it's working well) and Yamaha 8424 CDR drive, but toast and other apple app not. Only works for reading CD, not burning.
I tried the "el gato" extension and "SCSI Helper", with no results…
I heard a rumor saying Installing Toast 5.1.2, burning features revives again… but it's only a rumor.

Please Help!!!!

I'm having the same problem with my SCSI Yahama burner. The system see's the SCSI card, but it doesn't really see the burner. I've been hearing that the 10.2.1 update will fix a lot of SCSI problems so that's what I'm hoping for....let me know if you figure out anything....

Originally posted by HyperLiteG4
II've been hearing that the 10.2.1 update will fix a lot of SCSI problems so that's what I'm hoping for....let me know if you figure out anything....

10.2.1… I hope so!!
But I insist if anyone with this kind of problems have a solution, let us know!!!

thx

Originally posted by HyperLiteG4
I'm having the same problem with my SCSI Yahama burner. The system see's the SCSI card, but it doesn't really see the burner. I've been hearing that the 10.2.1 update will fix a lot of SCSI problems so that's what I'm hoping for....let me know if you figure out anything....

Yes men!!!! I updated my os to 10.2.1 and voila!! toast 5.1.4 and system now can burn cd's
That's the solution!!!!

see you

I've got 10.2.1 now and the SCSI burner works great!!! I now need to find some way to get my older SCSI scanner to work on OSX now. hmmmm.....

Back