10.2 & indesign -help???

yogel

Registered
Umm...

Upgraded to 10.2 last night... love it... but... printing out of indesing is hell... (so to speak)...

I need duplexing on my Lexmark T520 for one document (i'm doing about 150 copies tonight)... Indesign used to pay attention to the printer settings pallate - but it doesn't seem to any more, so my darkness & duplex options don't work...

can't print to pdf because acrobat just produces a postscript error, and preview resizes the page to be smaller, so it doesn't line up properly...

anyone have any ideas/solutions/etc???

in need of help,
yogel

Smells like an InDesign update is due shortly, but for the time being, I'd say you'd have to go back to OS 10.1.x or boot in OS 9 for this particular project.

Printing structure in OS X 10.2 is quite different from earlier versions, so I guess applications like InDesign are due to have some issues, because they apply their own printing schemes over the underlying structure.

I'd also suggest to search Adobe's user forums, where you might get some help. Blueworld (blueworld.com) has an InDesign mailing list which also Adobe people tend to read (and answer).

Back