10.2 makes bogus CD's

dantjie

Super Cute Member
HELP! After upgrading to Mac OS X 10.2, CD burning makes bogus CD's.

I have a Rev. 3 Beige G3, with a Que!Fire CD-RW drive. I don't know what's wrong, but every CD's that I have burned does not work. It won't even mount! It just spins, and spins in both the built-in CD-ROM drive, and the Firewire Que!Fire CD-RW drive. Then the Finder asks me to either ignore the CD or eject it.

I've tried burning with both DiskCopy, and Toast 5.1.4. They both make CD's that won't mount. It doesn't matter what kind of CD's I burn, data, music, or video. Nothing will mount. It won't mount on Windows either.

I know there is something seriously wrong now. I can't make backup CD's anymore. If any of you guys/gals can help, thanks a million!

I had a similar problem but the burned cds would work in my que drive that i burned them in and not my builtin drive. I believe its just the Phillips cds i was using. I don't know. Maybe its just my drive. Other burned discs of different brands work fine.

Alright, I bought new cds tonight to test them. TDK discs....supposedly very good brand. Anyway they too will not read in my builtin drive yet they read fine in my que drive where they were burned. The discs also read fine in the family's Snow iMac. When my sister came home from college I tried using one of my burned discs in her new ibook. At first it couldn't read it, then on the second try it could after trying for a little bit. I don't know wtf is going on. Is it Jag or my cd drive???? My old burned discs work fine in my builtin cd drive.

It has to be Jaguar, before the upgrade, CD burning was fine. Now I can't even copy discs either using Toast. This totally sucks!

Back