10.2.. ?

i just see, 8 Shots from 10.2 ... what are u're thoughts on whats coming up, in this update?!
i Have 2 ask.... WTF is this Spring loaded Folder thingy??

Also... i very much welcome the "Open With" command!!! I missed that, from XP!

And... Wat D'ya think of that White on Black Effect, thingy?!

...hmmm...!

Anyone?! (after all. ... i am a Newbie!! :p)

NeYo

Spring loaded folders: You can drag an item over the folder and it will open up. It's important and easy to implement. I'm not sure why we're waiting so long.

I think open with works now. I just associated a shell script with terminal last week.

What I need is more speed. I'm not sure how much is OS related and how much as app related but I'm routinely consuming the full CPU on my iBook. Compiling fire (which I'm thinking of contributing to) take around 30 minutes.

Forgot to mention my thoughts on the white/black thingy. I think it's part of an enhancement for people with disabilities. They made it capable of staying that way full time too.

I'm not sure why they did that. Part of what apple does is they make things simple by keeping the ui clean. Adding silly things that nobody will use (permanet ugly mode) only junks up the interface.

However, it's totally possible that they thought of something that I haven't. Maybe they did it for a good reason?

Originally posted by vanguard

I'm not sure why they did that. Part of what apple does is they make things simple by keeping the ui clean. Adding silly things that nobody will use (permanet ugly mode) only junks up the interface.

Be happy, we have to switch to permanent ugly mode after installing the OS, WinXP users have to start in permanent ugly mode until they find the switch to go back to standard windows-mode...

haha!

But... u ALSO know ... there are instances, where the XP Desktop Can look rather S**T H*T!!! u know what i mean! hehe! ! :D

NeYo

(But i do agree... that "almost" all XP Desktops are "Blessed" with LUNA! haha)

If you're on an OS X machine, boot over to OS 9 and make sure Spring Loaded folders is "enabled".

It think it is in the Control Panels (on Apple Menu) General, if I can remember correctly. It might be "on" by default.

Then, hold a file over your hard drive on the desktop. Don't let go. After a pause, the icon will blink and the hard drive window will open. Still don't let go. Hold the file over a folder in the hard drive icon. After a pause, it will blink...etc.

It was a semi-great way to burrow deep into a hierarchical file system in Icon View. Very nice GUI enhancement.

At this point, however, I am so into COlumn view and my customized Dock that I don;t even miss, nor want, Spring Loaded folders anymore...

If you're on an OS X machine, boot over to OS 9 and make sure Spring Loaded folders is "enabled".

It think it is in the Control Panels (on Apple Menu) General, if I can remember correctly. It might be "on" by default.

Then, hold a file over your hard drive on the desktop. Don't let go. After a pause, the icon will blink and the hard drive window will open. Still don't let go. Hold the file over a folder in the hard drive icon. After a pause, it will blink...etc. WHen you get to the level you want, just let go. ALl the windows will close except for the one you dropped the file in. But I think if you OPT or CMD drag+drop it will close ALL windows when you let go.

It was a semi-great way to burrow deep into a hierarchical file system in Icon View. Very nice GUI enhancement.

At this point, however, I am so into Column view and my customized Dock that I don;t even miss, nor want, Spring Loaded folders anymore...

I want spring loaded folders even more because of collums and dock. Say I have a file I downloaded to my download folder and I want to move it into my ~/Documents/Physics/Home work folder (without the terminal of course, I don't want to type that stuff in) I could pick it up in ~/Public/Downloads and hold it over Documents, hold it over Physics, hold it over Homework and viola :) Trust me, its more fun than it sounds.

Back