10.3.7 update, software problems

gparis

Registered
I recently upgraded to 10.3.7 Panther, and am now having problems opening some applications. I have even checked to make sure there weren't any font problems.

I have tried deleting user preferences as well as fixing permissions, these have not helped.

Finally, I have noticed threads on the mac support discussion pages where some users seem to be having the same problems.

The Problem:
Mail, Ical, and quicktime no longer function properly, they act like they are about to open, but don't. Quicktime will actually open, but I cannot open any media files, I get an error message.

Not sure what to do at this point, will probably re-install the last version of Mac OSX that I have, hopefully that will work.

Any other advice?

George

Tetano said:
First, try to get the combo update and install it...

how does that differ from the standard update that I use through my system prefences control panel?

I installed every update, except for the few that I do not use.

well, it contains all the improvements from 10.3 to 10.3.7...sometimes, combo updates work better than normal updates... you can find it here

That was the main update that I had installed.

The combined update, as well as the seperate ones for each program that I use.

Have you tested setting up a new user account, to see if something in your user hase gone really wrong? Another, and i think the last, solution, is to archive and reinstall, you would not loose your settings and documents...

yeah, have the same problems when logging on as another user. Going to re-install 10.3.6 and forget upgrading to .7 this time.

Back