10.3.9 Cant Reinstall Software Installer Doesnt Find a Volume to Install Mac Os X

Pacasso

Registered
I want to format my HD but when I run the installer it doesnt find a volume to instal the system (step 3) and then crashes.

I have Panther 10.3.9 installed but isnt working properly (cant open system preferences, ical, adress book, safary, utilities (including disk utility),

Used the disk utility from the instaler disk but that didnt fix the problem so I decided to reinstall
Mac OS X THE BIG ISSUE IS THAT THE INSTALLER CANT FIND A VOLUME TO CHOOSE (STEP 3)AN THEN IT CRASHES WITH A BLACK SCREEN.

If any one just whant to tell me please how to format the HD and reinstall the mac os X Panther or if is it possible to install Tiger without instaling
Panther first.

PD. Sorry about the spelling English is not my prime
language

Welcome to the forum.

To reformat the drive, you need to use Disk Utility.
When you start up with the OS X disk, do not click on the installer screen.
Instead go to the Installer Menu and select Disk Utility.
When that opens, click once on the first hard drive icon in the side bar at the left.
Now click on the Erase tab.
Make sure you use Mac OS Extended and if you use Classic make sure Install OS 9 drivers is check marked.
You will get a warning that this will completely erase the hard drive. Click okay.

Once that is done, use First Aid to Repair Drive, then quit Disk utility and proceed with the install.

Back