10.3.9 Maxtor External Drive Mounting Issues

aruberu

Registered
Hello, I tried several searches for similar problems, but most had a few differences (people using 10.4, laptops, etc.) that I thought it might be better to make a new thread. Of course, if there was something blatantly obvious that I missed, by all means feel free to direct me there and get rid of this. :eek:

I'm running 3.9 and have a 3000DV Maxtor FW drive. A while back, my drive disappeared from the Desktop and nothing seemed to repair it. It took a while to get, but when I finally got Disk Warrior, I was able to fix the drive right up and all was good.

Now a few weeks ago, I was attempting to move some files from my same drive to a different drive. The transfer completed, and I proceeded to junk the old files from my Maxtor when I got an error message (I think it was similar to "file is busy" but.... not >_<). The files were moved to the Trash regardless, and I was able to empty it, so I thought nothing of it. However, whenever I attempted to move something off of the drive later on, it kept refusing and gave me the same error.

Well, in short, I had a forced restart soon after and when my comp came back up, the drive's nowhere on the Desktop. I hoped that Disk Warrior could help me out again, but although it recognized it (though calling it "Unknown Disk"), it couldn't repair it. I tried Disk Utility as well, but the result was similar.

So.... can anyone suggest something to fix this? Very sorry about the large amount of text in here, but I'd be very grateful for any assistance. :)

Thank you!

Back